Leading Others > Engagement
Good leaders build strong teams; great leaders build self-directed teams. These topics will prepare you to engage others to take decision making opportunities and apply this learning to promote collaboration.
- Work constructively with others (e.g., superiors, team, colleagues) regardless of changing circumstances.
- Recognize the emotions of others and promote productive relationships.
- Meet with others to generate creative ideas, provide timely communication and promote collaboration.
- Engage others in decision-making opportunities (e.g., problem definition, solution development and implementation, etc.).
- Apply ‘big picture’ thinking (e.g., build bridges between people and groups to increase and improve the flow of information and resources).